Saturday, September 15, 2012

Religion Matters? Is religion influencing your vote?

While the poll numbers are indicating that a majority of people are changing their minds, there are still individuals out there who say that they can't or won't vote for a Mormon. There has been some information circulated about why someone should vote for a Mormon, like this article from the
New Media Journal

There's a lack of information about why an individual wouldn't for for a Mormon. I'd like to understand and discuss some of these reasons. Please post your comments and stay tuned for an honest open discussion of the topics.


2 comments:

  1. Mormonism is just a cult and as someone who is a very orthodox Christian, I can't bring myself to vote for someone who believes in a false Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has always been my understanding that a "cult" is group of people, often religious, that follow the teachings and direction of a man. Since members of the church follow the teachings and direction of God, it can not be (accurately) classified as a cult. My understanding of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ grows everyday. I have a knowledge of Christ and His life, beginning with a study of the bible and continuing on through His crucifixion, His resurrection , and His work and appearance as a resurrected being on the American Continent. The Christ I (and other members of the church) believe in is Christ the only begotten Son of God. The Christ taught about in the bible. The Savior of the world. He is the way the truth and the light. He was crucified for the sins of mankind and provides the only option for me to be redeemed.

      Delete